Just dropped my daughter off at school. It's going to be a nice day outside. Right now there is a chill in the air, but I know it will warm up. I'm thinking what should I do. Go back to bed? Work on The Bay Buzz? Clean a room (there is plenty to clean and organize) or play on the computer? Anything but what I normally would do: smoke a cigarette. Today is my quitting day. I have no idea how the day is going to go. I guess that is up to me. But I said my goodbyes last night before I went to bed. I went through the checklist and removed all the bad stuff around me that wants to make me smoke or reminds me about it. Cigarettes - check. Lighters and ashtrays - check. Clean out car - check. Am I forgetting anything? Oh yeah, nicotine gum - check. I haven't yet started chewing the gum. I think I will do that when I the urges start really coming in like waves drowning me.
My friends have been really supportive of me. My son is cheering me on. I guess the only two people who aren't so sure if I will follow through is my husband and my oldest daughter. I don't blame them. Only time will tell.
It's early. 8:35 in the morning. I think I am going to lay down for a while and then when I get up I will get busy. There is a lot to do. Clean up kitchen. Go Christmas shopping. Have lunch with a friend. Drop off toys that The Bay Buzz collected for All Children's Hospital. Work on The Bay Buzz.
Until then.....
No comments:
Post a Comment